Create ImmutableX Wallet
What is Immutable X
Immutable X (IMX) is a Layer 2 protocol for trading Ethereum NFTs. It uses Ethereum security and the trading goes through Ethereum cryptocurrency. The main improvement that IMX offers over Ethereum mainnet is low to zero gas fees and carbon neutrality.
Trading on IMX is simple. First, you need to connect your wallet on Immutable X’s marketplace or on TokenTrove. You can use the Ethereum wallet you have been using for the mainnet to do this. Registering a wallet basically creates a unique Immutable X key and registers it to your Ethereum private key. With that IMX key you can start trading. You can also do it here on this website by using the “Connect your wallet to IMX” button.
Why do I need to register my wallet on IMX?
We can’t airdrop NFTs to you on IMX if you haven’t registered your wallet. We also can’t register on your behalf. Therefore, you will need to go through this one-time process to ensure we can airdrop NFTs to you.
When you buy NFTs from Immutable X marketplace you don’t have to pay any gas fees. However, you will need to pay (usually a modest amount) for gas when you transfer Ethereum to IMX.
How do I get my airdrop?
Your airdrop will be delivered to your Immutable X wallet. We are planning on doing several airdrops in the future, some will be for avatar holders and some for others. We are planning to use Immutable X for most Habbo NFTs going forward.
To make sure you don’t miss out, all you need to do is connect your wallet to Immutable X and you’re ready.
How do I connect my wallet to IMX?
This process has several steps which involves clicking a button in either Immutable X wallet or MetaMask wallet.
1. Clicking on the Connect your wallet to IMX button will open MetaMask. This will ask you to confirm which wallet (assuming you have more than one) you would like to connect. This will also open a new browser window for the Immutable X wallet.
2. You will need to click Connect on MetaMask to confirm that you are connecting through MetaMask. Next, you need to Connect Wallet in the Immutable X wallet. This opens MetaMask, where you will need to confirm your connection.
3. Next, you need to Connect Wallet in the Immutable X wallet. This opens MetaMask, where you will need to confirm your connection.
4. Then the IMX wallet will ask you to sign in. After clicking Sign in you need to sign in to MetaMask.
5. In MetaMask, make sure that the origin is https://link.x.immutable.com. This is to make sure you aren’t getting scammed!
6. After confirming your log in on MetaMask, the next step is to create IMX key and accept the terms and conditions.
7. Click Set Up which will open MetaMask again and ask you to confirm.
8. Now the set up should be complete.
9. Your wallet is now ready to be used in IMX. You can go to https://market.x.immutable.com/ and connect your wallet there - which has a less steps from now on - and check that your wallet is connected.